Friday, July 22, 2011

Recent projects

 I finished a small batch of purses this week, the hot air balloons are my fave, they are made of a vintage velvet upholstery fabric and they are so soft.























I made Jade and Sage a new dress, I will be making Kinsley one too, I just had to order another yard of fabric to make hers.  Looking at this picture, the pink one looks like the pockets are uneven, they aren't, I just made Jade run in here because she is wearing it so I could check it.  I absolutely love this fabric, it is by Tina Givens and it is called Opal Owl, Kinsley's will be in a blue color :)  The sleeves and pockets are from vintage sheets, I had striped ones to match each dress perfectly.

I've been busy this summer with kids and cleaning, and sewing for shows, among other things.  This blog of mine has taken a back seat to everything, sometimes I just don't have the time or desire to blog.  I will say this though, I LOVE when I get comments, I don't have ads or sponsors for this little blog of mine, so really, my rewards are in your comments :)   I feel like no one comments anymore, I don't know if that is just because my posts are super boring, or if people are just too busy to comment or what.  I get super excited when I get comments, whether it is from someone who has commented before, or a new commenter.  I try my best to reply to every comment, if I haven't replied to your comment, it is probably because you don't have your email linked, so I can't reply :(
Anyways, enough of that.  
I hope you have a lovely weekend spending time with people you love :)



12 comments:

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

i'm a bad commentor cause i never comment. but i do always visit your blog and am always happy to see a new post. :)

Brad Pace said...

I don't comment because I only like to be sarcastic, and there is nothing to be sarcastic about on your blog. But, I am now convinced that when Julie and I are free from the clutches of Ivy...around July 10th of 2012 and I take her on the much awaited shopping trip, we are coming over to buy a purse, because she likes them a lot. I'm completely serious...in one year.

Cindy said...

Lovely! I heart owls so enjoyed looking at all your new creations. The upholstery fabric for the hot air balloon purses is fantastic! I always enjoy your posts and check your blog daily.

Debi said...

The dresses are adorable... I love that fabric. Alas, I have only boys to sew for...

leigh said...

My mom used to make my sisters and me dresses - same fabric, different colors. We loved it. And I love looking at the pictures now.

I think there are less comments everywhere and I'm blaming smart phones. I just read your post on my phone and usually I don't comment on my phone because it's such a pain. But everyone loves comments so I should just get used to it.

Julie M said...

I don't comment much, but you are one of my first go to blogs that I check!

Joanna said...

I'll comment! I read every single post you do, and as soon as I see Vintage Fern pop up in google reader, I click on it first! I actually just arrived in SLC today for vacation - we drove cross country all week and arrived this afternoon. Are you doing any shows in the area in the next couple of weeks?!

poppyart said...

and you do deserve lots of comments... your blog is so great to escape to when i have five minutes! beautiful dresses. x

poppyart said...

plus i sometimes forget my password. may not just ben me being crap! (just had to re-enter 3 times....)

Julie said...

Those dresses are tooooo cute! I can just imagine little ones running around in them, eating red popsicles with sticky hands :)

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

I just went to your etsy shop to see if maybe you had put the hot air balloon bags in it (because I love them!). But alas, your shop is closed at the moment...

The Sewing Dork said...

I'm in the same boat - no ads or sponsors, so comments make my day too. I have found that over this summer (and last), comments are way down. I think it's just the time of year. I have you in my favorites and check in every couple of days to see what you've made.