Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crafty kids
























My girls love to make things, I'm pretty sure they took after me :)
Jade and Sage are ALWAYS drawings things, there are always papers with their little drawings all over the house, the floor, the couch, the fridge, their room, taped on the walls, everywhere.  One day, they were asking if they could make things to sell and we came up with these cards, they drew them, I outlined them in black marker and then I went and had them copied on cardstock, they even signed the back of them.


Kinsley likes to make these flowers on a little loom that she got for her birthday one year, they are hair clips.
























All three girls like to make pom poms and they have started making hair elastics with them.
























And they all love to hand stitch little bits of fabric together, so we came up with these headbands, I love watching them make these, they like to dump my big bag of fabric scraps out and search for the perfect fabrics :)


My crafty girls make me proud.

6 comments:

Sharon L said...

And yes, you should be proud! They are talented - I'm sure taking after you. Encourage them to keep it up. Remember, if you don't use it, you will lose it. In this case, their talent. Looks like you may have some competition in the future - LOL!

Amy said...

you may be right about the competition Sharon :)

Cindy said...

What a wonderful gift you are giving your girls - to love crafting and handwork. Their drawings are fantastic! The larger line pictures like the mushroom, bird and sun would be adorable on one of your tote bags using fusible web and fabric, etc. like you do.

Stitchbird said...

Wow that is amazing. They are very fortunate to grow up with a Mum who encourages their creativity - and entrepeurial skills!

Amy Gibson said...

Love your blog! I'm inspired by your booth at the local craft fairs (I just applied for one in Denver and hope I get in!). Just found you browsing the SS intros and can't wait to meet you next week. Take care!

San Antonio home security systems said...

these are awesome...you kids have the talent. you can explore this the best way. loved it..