Monday, October 3, 2011

Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes























These are my favorite pancakes.  Our favorite thing to do is top them with fresh fruit (we have done strawberries or this time we did fresh local peaches and raspberries from our garden).  And I make homemade whip cream and top it all off with pure maple syrup, mmmmm.

Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. oil
2 eggs

Mix first five ingredients together, then add buttermilk, eggs, and oil.  I like to add a bit more buttermilk just so the pancakes are a bit fluffier.
For my family of five I usually double this recipe ( I have three hungry little girls :)  )
I use my blendtec blender to make mine,  first blending my wheat to make the wheat flour, than adding the other dry ingredients and blending it together, then adding the wet ingredients.

Fresh Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
a bit less than 1/4 cup agave nectar (or you could use powdered sugar)
about 1 tsp. of vanilla (I never really measure, I just put some in )

Fresh made whipping cream is so simple to make! (and so much tastier)
First, I put my mixer bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer, if I think about it I do it the night before I am going to make it, if not at least for 15 minutes or so before I am going to make it.
Then, put all the ingredients in the bowl and whip it on high until soft peaks form. 

I know I have not been around here much, what can I say?  Life is busy.  I will be back soon with a review, and after that I have a finished quilt to share!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you!
Julie

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Mmm, those look good!

Sharon L said...

Glad you are back and everything is okay. You can come fix breakfast for me anytime!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this looks so, so good!

Atlanta home security said...

This look delicious...my kids would love to have this.

Unknown said...

Wow those look so yummy!

Tye
www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com