Monday, October 24, 2011

The Sewing Summit




















It's taken me forever to get around to recapping the Sewing Summit.  It was such a surreal weekend, I look back at it and think did that really happen?  Well, it did and it was so much fun!  The above picture I borrowed from Dana, this is the fun group of ladies I hung out with the first day shopping at quilt shops, art market, and eating delish pizza. From left to right Leigh, Ann Marie (who we ran into at the quilt shop), Amy, Dana, Amy and me.
























Dana and I, it was so much fun to be able to meet her in person, we have been online friends pretty much since I started blogging. 
























Dana planned a dinner on Friday night and gave everyone that attended these cute little pouches that she made and the sweetest little necklace from Cinnamon Sticks (who by the way I just met over this past weekend, I'll save that for another post though).























Summer, me, and Susannah
These ladies were hilarious, one night these two, Dana and I spent all night in the sewing room laughing until we cried, so much fun, I wish we all lived closer to one another.























This is almost half of the original group of A Notion or Two.
Amy, Tara, Amy, Dana, and me.

There were so many Amy's at the Sewing Summit :)





















Lots of fun swag.























These were all the things I won from giveaways, lots of fabric, and a cute pattern book.























I participated in a fat quarter swap and these are the fat quarters I came home with.  Look at the vintage turtle one on the bottom right hand side, eeek!  I was so excited that I was able to come home with that oneKaelin, who organized the swap was super sweet and set it aside for me :)

And these were my fabric purchases,  I had to take advantage of some discounts.  :)

I can't wait until next year!

5 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

looks like a blast! And you got to hang out with Amy Webb and Summer!? I'm extra jealous now!

tara said...

Great Sewing Summit Post!
I will look for your post about your Cinnamon Sticks meet. I was thinking about purchasing some of the necklaces we recieved. They are so cute.

Pamela said...

Amy, it was fun to sit and visit with you outside of the Art Shoppe. You are such a amazing creative person. I am always in awe of your creations. Wish I had a little girl to dress-up in all your designs. I also need your to-die-for molassas cookies. They were divine.

Susannah::An Art Nest said...

I could definitely use another laughing till we cry night!!!
Hope your Thanksgiving goes well!

Ella said...

Holy Cow I too Love those PINK turtles!!