Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fabric and other things


Recently acquired fabric that I couldn't pass by, it's by Anna Griffin and it's called Penelope.
I think that it may become a skirt because how awesome would that be to have a skirt with sewing themed fabric?
I've lost my sewing mojo.  Which is awful timing because I have waaayyy to much to do.  I have been getting bits of lots of things done slowly, but I have got to kick it up a few notches here soon or I am going to be in trouble.  You see all those shows that I am participating in I have listed in my sidebar?  Yeah.

I'm really grateful that our family is pretty much healthy, but sometimes I get a bit frustrated with the few things that we do have to deal with.  Sometimes it's hard to remember to do things daily so that my kids stay healthy and I get a bit overwhelmed at times.  Add a diabetic husband to that and at times I think I worry too much.
I just need to do my best and be grateful that it's not things that are more serious than what they are :)
The diabetes thing is a hard one though.

My new favorite breakfast is Greek lemon yogurt with homemade granola on top, yum!

We have way too much candy in our house thanks to Halloween.  I just ate a butterfinger after I finished my breakfast.

I'm off to see if I can find my sewing mojo!  I hope you have a lovely day.

3 comments:

Sharon L said...

On losing your sewing mojo - it could be you are just feeling overwhelmed - especially with all the upcoming shows. As you get things done though, you should start feeling better and more energized - It happens with me. I have complete faith in you. Everything will work out perfectly!

Artfulife said...

Love that fabric! Did you find it online? I feel your pain with the diabetes. It's so tough to deal with. Especially around the holidays. Hugs to you sweet friend! I wish we lived a little closer. I would come over & eat my almond joys with you while we chatted about everything ;)

Denise :) said...

My daughter and I just picked up two yards of this line for a romper for my granddaughter -- the tunic and pants out of the tan squares with the grey accents, and then ruffles out of a coordinating piece. It's fun stuff! Play in the fabric long enough and you may feel the mojo seep back in. Diabetes is a tough one. We got hit with that (my husband, too) a couple of years ago. Of course, we didn't have kids at home anymore, which made it a lot easier for me to deal with. Good luck to you! Have fun playing with your pretties! :)