Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Handmade Christmas part 1

This year I have decided to make it a handmade Christmas. I thought it would be fun to share the things that my girls will be receiving this year, maybe it will give you ideas, I just think this is going to be fun all around. So, the first gift idea, have your kids draw a picture of an animal, monster, alien, whatever and make it into a stuffed animal. Now, I do not possess the skills to make stuffed animals, so I enlisted the very talented Becky.

She also has an etsy shop where she has very cute pocket people which I have posted about before and other cute things like cupcake hotpads, different patterns for dolls and wool softies, very cute!
So, here we have Quack. (that is what my daughter named her bird in the picture)
From a drawing to the cutest stuffed animal. Becky even made it so that the clothes can be taken off. And it says Quack on the butt. These were hard to take pictures of, they are cute in the pictures, but trust me they are even better in person!



Here is the cutest horse with a raggy main and tail, so, so clever! And again removable saddle and skirt.



And here is Waggy the dog with the coolest curly tail, and removable hat and sweater and even a dog tag that says Waggy!
I love them all and now I just have to keep them a secret until Christmas.
Becky did an awesome job with them, I am very impressed! I showed them off to family and friends and they all loved them too! My kids are going to love them.


1 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

what a great idea! those look adorable.