Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where I have been

I have spent lots of time in my laundry room the past few days. Not only have I done like 10 loads of laundry, but the room itself had become a mess. Part of the reason it had become such a mess is that there are some Rubbermaid drawers under the counter that house some of my kids coloring books and such, and it usually grows to the top of the whole counter. Now it is beautiful! I don't know about you, but after Christmas every year, I always want to clean every corner of my home. If you click on the picture above, you will see my favorite sign that says Laundry Room drop your pants here! (my husband and I have been known to do that from time to time) Ahem, did I just type that? Anyways...
Until we bought our house, I had always thought for some reason that it was lame to decorate the laundry room, then I started collecting things to hang on the walls, probably cause this room isn't very exciting to begin with and I needed something to look at while I do the laundry.

One of my favorite pictures in here is a print from The Black Apple of Hedgehogs doing laundry, it's in the middle in the green frame. The black flowery thing on the right on the wall is pipe cleaners, I saw this at Anthropologie awhile back and had to try it somewhere in my house, I think it would be cool if it covered the whole wall, the only problem is that stupid thing won't stay up on the wall, I periodically have to put it back up, the wall is bumpy cement, I know it's lovely:)
I will probably be sharing more pictures as I clean my house up, I don't know about before pictures as some of them would be scary, my house has been neglected for months while I had been preparing for all my holiday shows and Christmas.


0 comments: