Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bits and pieces



I had a ton of projects to finish for August! First up, I participated in Oh Hello Friend's lovely package exchange. Here is the package I put together for my partner. I love doing these swaps, I have so much fun putting a package together. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the box I sent it in, it was super cute I thought, I taped patterned papers all over it. This picture really only gives you a peek at some of the contents. Here is what I sent: a basketful of vintage fabrics, ribbons and buttons, a jar of jelly bellies, the coolest leather journal with gold birds stamped all over from Anthropologie, a wooden stick pencil, a painted sea shell necklace, a couple of vintage flower hair pins, and a headband.

Here are my pretty packages I received from Oni! Brown paper packages tied up in strings, these are a few of my favorite things.

Here is what was inside! Vintage cards, handmade cards, vintage sewing patterns, buttons, and the coolest handmade necklace! Thanks Oni. I love everything!



I also participated in Modern Jax's scrappy Christmas block swap.
I got the ones done for my teammates just in time to send yesterday, I still have the charity block to send on it's way today. These were fun and gave me an excuse to buy Christmas fabric :)




And here is Amy's block for a Notion or Two, I actually got this one done before my trip, but didn't get around to sending it until yesterday, shame on me. She'll probably get it today though, she doesn't live far from me.
I still have one more block for another quilting bee from August, I need to get my butt in gear today and make that one!

0 comments: