Friday, March 5, 2010

Grannying

Last night I went to Kelly's crochet class. I LOVE crocheting, I have forever wanted to learn, and now I can! I had a little bit of yarn about the house, today I went and bought some more :)

My first granny square is the cream one I did in class , then after I purchased my yarn today I started the colorful granny squares. Granny squares are addicting I must say. I am going to make a blanket out of them. I am thinking they would look most lovely with a cream layer added to the outside of each one. I went to three stores today trying to find a different colors of cotton yarn, I think I may have to buy some online, they have alot of colors here.

I got another yummy package of fabric in the mail, again ordered from Fabricworm.
Seriously, I have a problem.
I've also been working on pinwheel quilt squares and cleaning the house.
I really need to get my butt in gear and tackle the huge list of things I need to get made for upcoming art shows. I think my list has about 30 different things on it.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!


6 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I need to learn how to make granny squares. Yours look very nice!

I've check out Fabricworm and keep going back and drooling but so far have resisted the urge!

Susan said...

they look so cute, good job!

Laura Hooker said...

Those granny squares are fantastic! I have some crochet patterns up on Ravelry if you wanted some other things to make. have a great day. Here is my ravelry link.

http://www.ravelry.com/designers/laura-hooker

* elizabeth * said...

Yay! Grannies are so great!

poppyart said...

hi, thanks for your note. fabricworm is far too good, isn't it?? sewhip.co.uk issue 15 has your pattern review. i am more than happy to copy and post the exerpt, or I can buy another copy over here to send to you if they don't post to U.S.

Bridget

Amy said...

You've inspired me! I'm going to make an aqua and red granny square doily for my foyer. Do you mind telling me the color name of the aqua yarn you have in your photo. I love that color!