Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Triangle Skirts

I was at the thrift store yesterday and bought a package of fabric. Usually when I buy a package of fabric it is just for a couple of pieces in that package. When I opened it up I found this mauvey purple fabric and thought, that would make some cute skirts. Kinsley didn't want a skirt, so I made them for Jade and Sage. I have had this idea to put triangles on a skirt like this for about a year now, I don't know why it took me so long to actually do it. I was so excited when I got them finished last night, the girls were asleep, so I had to wait until this morning to see them on, I love them! And more importantly my girls love them! So stinkin cute if I do say so myself :)

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I love them!! It looks just like a banner on a skirt! I think I might have to steal this idea for my girl! Or for me hehe!!

Anna said...

these are so adorable! love the idea and might have to steal it, hehehe. My girls have really been into dresses and skirts lately so I'm going to be on a rampage! :)

Retrogirl said...

SO cute!! I know a munchkin who would love a skirt like this. Great job.

flynn said...

these are adorable! i've been looking for a way to incorporate tiny scraps of patterns i know my niece would love into something bigger. this is just the inspiration i needed - thanks ;)

Unknown said...

Hi there! I loved these so much that I made one for my daughter! Here's the link...

http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2010/09/kcwc-what-i-made.html

I hope you don't mind. I couldn't remember where I had seen the idea, but one of my readers reminded me... YAY! Thanks for the inspiration!