Thursday, March 3, 2011

Clothes pins


I have wanted to dress up some clothespins for awhile now, and I finally got around to it the other day. They took alot longer than I thought they would, but I enjoyed making them.
First I spray painted them, luckily I have quite the collection of spray paint.
Then I mod podged some paper that I had on them, when that was dry, I sprayed a clear coat on them. They are so colorful and springy, which is exactly what I need today, it is dark and rainy here today. I do love how the air smells after a good rain though :)

12 comments:

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Love these. Want some.

Nettie said...

did you take them apart to spray paint them? They are fabulous, I love them.

Debi said...

Bet they make hanging the laundry on the line much more enjoyable!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Super cute! I'm sure it was also very time consuming but totally worth it. I display a lot of my items at craft fairs using clothespins. This would be a fun way to add some color and interest to my booth. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amy said...

Thanks everyone!
Nettie, I did not take them apart to spray paint them, that would have been too much work for me :)

Julie said...

I've wanted to make these forever! I think they'll make hanging the laundry a little more cheery ;)

Beautiful work.... as always :D

Catherine said...

These are soo pretty. I want!

Meg said...

Love these! I use clothespins on open packages in the kitchen. I have a whole dozen hanging for easy access and these would be way cheerier than mine.

SaraSue said...

They would make great fridge magnets as well!!!

Elissa said...

i never knew i needed beautiful clothes pins until now!!!

Sharon L said...

So much fun!! These are great!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

They are so springy! I love them.