Friday, March 4, 2011

Grateful

picture taken September of 2008

I wonder how many blog posts I have titled grateful. Well, I guess I am grateful ALOT :)
Today I am extremely grateful for my Heavenly Father. He watches over our family alot.

I was woken up around 12:45 this morning to the sound of Casey using his glucose meter. (He's Diabetic) I immediately knew that something was up. When it beeped to let him know what his blood sugar was, he told me it was 56. A normal person's blood sugar is 100, so 56 is super super low, and it is the lowest Casey has ever been, Like low enough that I was surprised that Casey even knew that he needed to check it, he was in a state of diabetic hypoglycemia. Basically, he was really confused, really weak, sweaty, and needed some food super fast. Here is what I think is amazing; Casey occasionally gets phone calls in the middle of the night for work, he is in charge, and sometimes has to deal with issues that come up, no matter what time it is. Anyways, what even woke him up was one of these phone calls. If he wouldn't have been woken up by this phone call, I most likely would have been the one to wake up to a husband having a seizure, or in a diabetic coma. That is definitely some divine intervention right there. There was definitely prayers of thanks being said in our home this morning.
I am so grateful that Casey was woken up at the exact time his blood sugar was so low so that we could treat it instead of having to call an ambulance. He had a nice little snack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, an orange, some milk, and some chocolate to raise his blood sugar.
He felt so much better this morning. I won't lie, I was a bit scared and after the whole thing was over, I was crying tears of gratefulness for my Heavenly Father who was watching over us.
I know in my heart that Heavenly Father is real and he is here for each and every one of us, and I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I love what President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said that I found in this article:

"Our Father in Heaven has given us, His children, much more than any mortal mind can comprehend. Under His direction the Great Jehovah created this wondrous world we live in. God the Father watches over us, fills our hearts with breathtaking joy, brightens our darkest hours with blessed peace, distills upon our minds precious truths, shepherds us through times of distress, rejoices when we rejoice, and answers our righteous petitions."

My heart is so full today. I am so happy that Casey is okay, he is my best friend, he is the father of my children, he is my life, and I owe all these blessings to my Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

That's terrifying, I'm so glad he's okay!! Thank the LORD!!

Moments and Impressions said...

grateful is a very appropriate title and never can be over used. glad he was better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! My mom has type2 diabetes and has more problems with lows than highs.

Sharon L. said...

Will offer up prayers of thanks your hubby is okay. Grateful - one powerful word.

Natasha said...

I was moved by your post. You see my father was a diabetic. I cannot tell you the amount of times these little miricles happened in the middle of the night that saved his life. Most of the time my mother would wake, over the years, even in sleep she was aware of his patterns. I am so glad that your post is one of gratitude.