Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hi there!

 The girls started school on Monday, so far they love it.

 I've been doing tons of sewing, here are some skirts I finished a few weeks ago, these were some of my favorites.





















And just because I needed to add another quilt to my list of quilts in progress, I started another quilt last night.  Using Denyse Schmidt's fabric from JoAnn's.  I found some of the new Sugar Creek yesterday and had to play with it along with my collection of Picnic and Fairgrounds.
 





















photo belongs to Diary of a Quilter
 The idea for the quilt came from Diary of a Quilter, when I saw this vintage lattice quilt, I knew I had to recreate it.  I love the slight wonkiness of it, and I am trying to make mine slightly wonky by varying the width of the strips in the string blocks.
I'm using a mustardy yellow color for my lattice, I had a bunch of it and it looked good with my other fabrics.  I think it would be fun to make a red lattice one with some of my vintage fabrics.
 

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Those blocks are amazing, I really like the mustard it does good things for the prints. It will look wonderful finished!

Your skirts are so cute, wish I had a little girl to make one for.

Becky J. said...

love the quilt and the wonkiness!